Love Indian Art? History? India offers you a trip!By Lavina Melwani • Jul 27th, 2012 • Category: Health
A Chance to Study India in an Indian Institute…
The Ministry of Overseas Indian Affairs has announced a program called “Study India Program” (SIP) for overseas Indian youth. Following are the highlights:
- The program is open for diaspora youth in the age group of 18-26 years. It is open to PIOs from all over the world ( NRIs are not eligible to apply).
- Short term course of 4 weeks to familiarize them with art, culture, history and social and economic development of India. The participants would undergo a three week training at the selected institutes and one week of field visits organized by the institute.
- Tentative Program Schedule September 25, 2012 to October 23, 2012
- Details including terms and conditions of the scheme along with application format is available Here
- Selected participants are provided with full hospitality in India for the duration of the program. 50% of the cost of air ticket by economy class (Direct flight) is refundable to the participants on successful completion of the program by them.The Scheme as envisaged will initially be implemented in partnership with select Indian Universities / Institutions of repute. The course would include:
- Academic content which would facilitate understanding of contemporary India and its development, political and financial systems, economic, social and administrative structures;
- Cultural content which would help the participants to be immersed in the Indian experience with exposure to Indian mythology, history, arts, handicrafts, dance, music, cuisine, languages and age-old traditions;
- Visits will be organized to different institutions, industries of importance and rural areas to allow the participants to gain first hand exposure to India.