“I am looking for love. Real love. Ridiculous, inconvenient, consuming, can’t live without each other love”
SEX and the CITY 3 – Bring It On!
Lately I have been hearing a lot about ‘Sex and the City’. Different news sources are reporting that another story could be told. Sarah Jessica Parker has said that if the script was right, she would do it. Now there is news that Michael Patrick King gave an interview to EW that a final chapter is forming in his head. Anyone who is in their 20-something or 30-something years understands that meeting strangers isn’t all it is cracked up to be and ‘Sex and the City’ was definitely something most of us single women could relate to.
“The fact is, sometimes it is really hard to walk in a single woman’s shoes. That is why we need really special ones now and then to make the walk a little more fun.”
This show was a cultural phenomenon and really brought reality into our TV screens. It is 10 years later, and I still curl up with the DVDs every now and then. The only series DVDs that I own are ‘Friends’ and ‘Sex and the City’. Both shows are powerful and can really help women through dating, friendship and understanding.
I am absolutely thrilled that two of my favorite ladies, Sarah Jessica Parker and Cameron Diaz are designing shoes and handbags for the modern woman. Sarah Jessica Parker is partnering up with the creators of Manolo Blahnik shoes to create a special collection for Nordstrom. Cameron Diaz has partnered up with Pour La Victoire for a collection to be released next fall.
Sex and the City -3 – Some Scenarios
So ladies, if you could have your ‘Sex and the City-3’ movie ideas…what would they be? Here are a few of my thoughts:
- Aidan was the one that got away. I know Carrie says she loves Big. However, Aidan was right for her. When will she realize that he was the guy who truly loved her? Ryan Gosling from the Notebook anyone?
- Carrie realizes her desire to be a parent and tries through In vitro fertilization or adoption. One of those should pan out.
- Jack Berger moves next door to Carrie and Big.
- Charlotte is a busy mom and deals with issues regarding raising children who are going through the identity crisis.
- Carrie finally decides to turn her column into a movie.
- Samantha takes on Justin Bieber as a client. Who else can get him to go to Rehab?
- Miranda and Steve are happy. Mrs. Cynical never thought she would get there. Ever!
- Charlotte, Carrie, Miranda and Samantha are catching up over dinner. They all agree on one thing. They are glad they waited a long time for marriage. Even though the bar scene was difficult, they were each other’s soulmates. There is nothing like living a free life in New York City. They are at a point in life where they really know themselves and that is what life is all about. Marriage and family is hard, it requires sacrifice and stability. No one is really sure if they would have been ready for it in their late 20’s. Right now, they truly appreciate what they found, because they know how rare it is and how hard it was to find.
- Miranda decides that she would like to spend more time with Brady, so she cuts back on her hours at work.
- God takes precedence over effort. All women agree that there is a higher power, and they are simply being guided by this external force. Analyzing and consistently talking about people is not worth the time and energy. There are people you are simply meant to connect with and others are meant to go their separate ways.
( Monica Marwah is a 30-something single school psychologist who enjoys living life to the fullest. She is taking her experience and showing others how to believe in themselves and love themselves completely. After years of dating and meeting people, she has come into her own. Spirituality has been a foundation for self improvement for her and she is hoping to encourage people to embark upon a spiritual journey at this age.)