Desi Single – and it’s Diwali!
It is that time of year again…Diwali, the festival of lights is upon us….those of you who are just graduated college and are 20-something women probably have a lot of family and friends that they celebrate with. Those of you 30 or 40 year old single women are probably trying to figure out a way to keep the spirit alive in your heart and soul without the frequent trips back to India and the constant reminder that India lives inside of you.
What are some of the things you do to celebrate our holiday?
Do you attend regular temple or gurdwara services to mark the special occasion?
Do you get a special present from someone at home?
Do you get to wear your gorgeous lenghas and salwar kameez?
My favorite things about Diwali:
- I love going to the temple to pray to Lord Ganesh, Lord Shiva, Lord Krishna and all of the other Hindu Gods that exist among us.
- Diwali parties are everywhere. I love going to all the Diwali parties and celebrating my cultural heritage.
- I love mithai, Barfee, Gulab Jamun, Ras Malai, laddoo…bring it on!
- I always get presents from family and friends.
- Diwali reminds me that Thanksgiving is right around the corner and Christmas follows.
- I always eat prasad from the gurdwara.
- All in all, I always pray for peace, love and happiness!
Hope everyone enjoys their Diwali!
What makes Diwali special to you?
( Monica Marwah is a 30-something single school psychologist who enjoys living life to the fullest. She is taking her experience and showing others how to believe in themselves and love themselves completely. After years of dating and meeting people, she has come into her own. Spirituality has been a foundation for self improvement for her and she is hoping to encourage people to embark upon a spiritual journey at this age.)
Enjoyed the post? Sign up for updates via email and also visit Lassi with Lavina on Facebook!